Infrastream specialises in partnering with clients to tackle complex and challenging long term projects via hand picked team players and collaborative and innovative work approaches. Areas of expertise in which we thrive on assisting in this way include projects where stakeholder alignment, process innovation, difficult decision-making and/or user friendly system development are vital.
Contact us to discuss these type of scenarios that may be emerging for your organisation and we would be delighted to see if there is opportunity to help based on projects that we have partnered on with clients to date.
Infrastream is committed to achieving outstanding outcomes for its clients. Here are some examples:
- Led the customer communications and reaction management for water pressure reduction via remotely controlled valves by Sydney Water for 51,000 properties with results of just one customer objection of these remaining and an ongoing annual benefit of $ 1.7M.
- Delivered in-depth review of Sydney Water’s management of Trade Waste for worker safety in networks over a fifteen year period, prioritizing 40 gap areas of strategic, tactical and operational nature for action.
- Directed and led improvement program for centralised management of Transfield Services’ 65,000 owned mobile assets with a replacement value of $ 650M across Australia and New Zealand.
- Undertook audit & review and delivered recommendations for Sydney Water’s Overflow Containment Program advising the decision to transfer of management of equipment, valued at $ 8M with high impact risk, to Thiess Services.
- Developed, released and managed a Request for Proposal and appointment of provider to incorporate leading asset management practice for condition assessment of 48 hostels across Australia for the Australian Government.
- Designed and led a Value Engineering workshop with government and non-government stakeholders with conflicting environmental and cost drivers to determine optimal designs for fishways along the Gwydir River, NSW, for State Water.
- Delivered group improvement review and recommendations applying to the Civil Projects Group (including 12 project co-ordinators) at Sydney Water.
- Led development of a project management framework, including tools, processes and links to support frontline staff managing projects of up to approx. $1M per project and applying to a program value of approx. $200M for Sydney Water.
- Facilitated Value Engineering initiative for proposed quarry to recreational lakes development for flood infrastructure, resulting in identified potential savings of over $ 30M for Snowy Mountains Engineering Corporation.
- Performed procurement review, including formal tender, of mobile asset services and supply for fuel, tyres, maintenance, transport and disposal resulting in negotiated client savings of > $800K per annum and oversaw process implementation to recover Fuel Tax Credits of $420K back claimed and $240K per annum ongoing for Transfield Services.
- Provided Innovation Management advice for major Australian water industry operations and maintenance > $1B contract bids in three Australian capital cities, with two 1st place team outcomes and one 2nd place team outcome as part of consortiums including Suez Environment, Degremont, Transfield Services, AECOM, Manidis Roberts and John Holland.
- Developed a plan to increase innovation and continuous improvement activity across the bulk water transport operations and maintenance alliance at LinkWater.
- Lead streamlining of decision processes to empower both mechanical/electrical and civil frontline maintenance staff at Sydney Water.
- Developed improvement program for management of $140M of mobile assets across Transfield Services.
Some further relevant examples from Director Steve Doran's experience at Sydney Water prior to forming Infrastream:
- Leader of a start-up multi-disciplined Engineering team to deliver water utility asset assessment and manage information to deliver advice to asset owner.
- Developed and Managed the Civil Asset Inspection Program for Australia’s largest water utility to gather, filter and distribute information about the condition of a $1.7 Billion above-ground asset base, representing a risk of failure to serve the organisation’s 4.5 Million customers at very low operating cost (~$350K/year).
- Developer and Facilitator of the “Ideas to Innovation” Management System for 2500 employees to support good ideas through to reality, achieving a high (>25%) idea implementation rate.
- Consultant to Water Companies in UK on behalf of the UK Regulators (OfWat and DETR) to ensure service requirements were met and reporting systems were efficient and effective.
- Coordinated Civil Maintenance Process Benchmarking (Water Services Association Australia Study) to improve the maintenance process efficiency and service for Australia’s largest water utility.